Management of Bayview Excavating is committed to the health & safety of its employees. It is our continuing objective to protect our employees from workplace injury and/or illness. We will further make every effort possible to ensure our people are provided with a healthy and safe work environment.
As an employer, Bayview Excavating is ultimately responsible for the health and safety of its people. As President, it is my personal commitment that every reasonable precaution will be taken, to protect our people from harm. It is also the goal of Bayview Excavating to exceed minimum legislative requirements.
Supervisors are accountable for the health and safety of the workers in their charge. It is their responsibility to ensure machinery and equipment are safe, and that established, safe work practices and procedures are followed. Our people must receive adequate training in their specific tasks, to protect their safety.
Every employee, subcontractor and employee of a subcontractor must protect and ensure their own health and safety by following the law, and Bayview Excavating Ltd safe work practices and procedures.
Any and all hazards must be reported immediately to a supervisor.
All parties are expected to consider safety and health in every activity. Our commitment to health and safety must form an integral part of the organization and its people.
Bayview Excavating Ltd will ensure that its operations take into account, the possible impacts on the environment, and will take all practical and reasonable precautions to minimize or eliminate these concerns.
We will accomplish this by:
- Ensuring that all relevant Environmental Legislation and Regulation is observed
- Operating the Business in an environmentally conscious manner
- Purchasing environmentally friendly materials when appropriate
- Raising the awareness of our staff so that everyone is involved
- Regularly Auditing our Operations to correct / prevent activities that conflict with this policy
- Reducing overall Energy Usage wherever possible
- Maintaining our equipment to ensure efficient operation
- Re-Using or Recycling when & where possible
- Operating in a manner that reduces / eliminates waste
- Promoting a culture of Continuous Improvement throughout our operations
- Applying a program of rehabilitation as we work our Quarries & Gravel Pits
- Making clear to our Customers, Industry Associates, Vendors and the general public, our sound commitment to these principles.
Bayview Excavating Ltd will at all times, provide its goods and services in a manner that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. We are also committed to providing people with disabilities the same opportunity to access our goods and services and allowing them to benefit from these goods and services in the same manner as any other Customer, without exception.
Bayview Excavating Ltd welcomes people with disabilities who are accompanied by a support person and/or a service animal. Any person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person and/or a service animal may enter our premises.
We will also ensure that our employees are properly trained to interact with our Customers that may have disabilities.
We welcome and appreciate feedback at any time regarding our service to those with disabilities by way of email, verbal comments, or other means. All comments will be promptly responded to.
This policy exists solely for the purpose of ensuring our Customers that may have disabilities, are treated with dignity and respect at all times, and are afforded the same level of excellent service as any other Customer.